TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By accessing and using this website (“Site”) established by NSW Ministry of Health for the NSW Aboriginal Knockout Health Challenge® you agree to the following terms and conditions:
This Site contains information, data, documents, pages and images ("the Information") prepared by NSW Ministry of Health for and on behalf of the Crown in right of the State of New South Wales ("the State of New South Wales"). The Information is protected by Crown copyright.
Whilst the Information contained in this Site has been presented with all due care, the State of New South Wales does not warrant or represent that the Information is free from errors or omissions.
The Information is made available on the understanding that the State of New South Wales and its employees and agents shall have no liability (including liability by reason of negligence) to the users for any loss, damage, cost or expense incurred or arising by reason of any person using or relying on the information and whether caused by reason of any error, negligent act, omission or misrepresentation in the Information or otherwise.
The use of this Site is for information purposes and is not to be taken as a substitute for seeking appropriate medical advice. It is recommended you seek assistance from a health care professional when interpreting these materials and applying them to your individual circumstances. If you have any concerns about your health, consult your General Practitioner.
Accuracy of information
All advice and information on this Site is given in good faith and is based on sources considered to be reliable and accurate. Whilst the Information is considered to be true and correct at the date of publication, changes in circumstances subsequent to publication may impact on the accuracy of the Information. The Information may change without notice and the State of New South Wales is not in any way liable for the accuracy of any information printed and stored or in any way interpreted and used by a user.
Links to third-party sites
The Information contained in this Site includes information derived from various third parties which does not necessarily reflect any policies, procedures, standards or guidelines of the State of New South Wales.
The State of New South Wales takes no responsibility for the accuracy, currency, reliability and correctness of any information included in the Information provided by third parties nor for the accuracy, currency, reliability and correctness of links or references to information sources (including Internet Sites) outside of the NSW Ministry of Health.
Links to other Internet Sites are not under the control of the State of New South Wales and are provided for information only. Care has been taken in providing these links as reference resources. However, due to the rapidly changing nature of the Internet content, it is the responsibility of the users to undertake their own investigations, decisions, enquiries about the information retrieved from other Internet Sites. Provision of these links does not imply any endorsement, non-endorsement, support or commercial gain by the State of New South Wales.
© - Copyright - New South Wales Ministry of Health for and on behalf of the Crown in right of the State of New South Wales.
GENERAL COPYRIGHT STATEMENT
Copyright in the Information which appears on the NSW Aboriginal Knockout Health Challenge® website is subject to the operation of the Copyright Act 1968, vested in the Crown in the right of the State of New South Wales.
Privacy of information
The NSW Aboriginal Knockout Health Challenge® is committed to safeguarding the privacy of people who access and use this Site, who join our subscriber list, or who register as a participant in the Knockout Health Challenge. The NSW Aboriginal Knockout Health Challenge® has implemented measures to comply with its obligations under the Health Records and Information Privacy Act 2002 (NSW) and the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 (NSW). Under these laws, you have the right to know the information that we collect about you, the purpose for which the information is collected, how the information is used and to whom, if anyone, the information may be disclosed.
PRIVACY OF PEOPLE WHO REGISTER FOR NSW KNOCKOUT HEALTH CHALLENGE
If you register for the NSW Knockout Health Challenge, your privacy is protected as follows:
- We collect, use, handle and disclose your personal information (including health information) as necessary to assess your suitability for the NSW Aboriginal Knockout Health Challenge and to enable you to take part in the NSW Aboriginal Knockout Health Challenge. Towards this end, we may (upon obtaining your consent) disclose your personal information (including health information) to third parties including general practitioners and other participants.
- Your personal information is confidential. Your personal information such as your name and weight will not be published.
- Your completed registration form will be shared with the Australian Prevention Partnership Research Centre (administered by the Sax Institute) who will manage the data from the participant registration form, final weight form and ‘participants aged 16-17 Consent Form’.
- Your information will be used to assist with performance monitoring and evaluation of the different Challenges. This includes linking your data from this Challenge to your data from previous and future Challenges to monitor the impact of participating in multiple Challenges.
- Information about your weight loss will be combined with your team’s weight loss to decide your team’s place in the Challenge.
- Combined team data from the Challenge will be used to: Report on the Challenge outcomes; Review how the Challenge is being run; Improve future Challenges; Research and publish on the Challenge and Aboriginal health. If published, individual participants will not be able to be identified.
- If you consent to participate in the Get Healthy Service and/or NSW Quitline, your first name, surname, contact number and date of birth will be securely shared with the respective service.
Your email address and other information
NSW Ministry of Health will record your email address if you send the NSW Aboriginal Knockout Health Challenge® a message by email; join our subscriber list; or you are registered as a participant, Team Committee member or Support Team member in the NSW Knockout Health Challenge. Your email address will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided it, and will not be added to any mailing lists without your prior consent by way of a specific request in writing. NSW Ministry of Health will not use or disclose your email address for any other purpose, without your prior written consent.
Your record of visitation to the website
When you visit this site, our computers make a record of your visit and log the following information:
- the IP (Internet Protocol) address of the machine which has accessed it
- the user's server address.
- the user's top level domain name (for example, .com, .edu, .au, etc.).
- the date and time of access to the site.
- pages accessed and documents downloaded.
- the previous site visited.
- type of browser used.
This information is collected for the purpose of gathering information about how the Site is used and to help administer and improve the Site. This information is analysed to maintain Site efficiency. We will not identify individuals who access our website or their browsing activities unless legally compelled to do so, such as in the event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect the log files that record the history of access to this website. The NSW Ministry of Health will not disclose or publish information that identifies individual machines or the IP address of the machine which has accessed the website, or potentially identifies sub-groupings of addresses, without consent or otherwise in accordance with the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998. Information collected is stored in an appropriately secure format and held by the NSW Ministry of Health for archival purposes. When the information is no longer required for the purposes for which it was collected it is deleted.
Third parties and linked websites
Third parties employed by us in connection with this website are employed under strict contractual provisions including confidentiality undertakings. This website contains links to other sites. NSW Ministry of Health is not responsible for the privacy practices of any third parties nor are they responsible for the material contained in a website that is linked to this site.
The NSW Aboriginal Knockout Health Challenge® applies a range of security controls to protect its website from unauthorised access. However, users should be aware that as the World Wide Web is an insecure public network that gives rise to a potential risk that a user's transactions are being viewed, intercepted or modified by third parties or that files which the user downloads may contain computer viruses, disabling codes, worms or other devices or defects.
NSW Ministry of Health accepts no liability for any interference with or damage to a user's computer system, software or data occurring in connection with or relating to this web site or its use. Users are encouraged to take appropriate and adequate precautions to ensure that whatever is selected from this site is free of viruses or other contamination that may interfere with or damage the user's computer system, software or data.
If you have any questions, concerns or require further information relating to privacy and the NSW Aboriginal Knockout Health Challenge®, please email: MOH-Knockout@health.nsw.gov.au
Alternatively, you may contact us by phone on (02) 8738 6619 or by writing to us at:
NSW Knockout Health Challenge
NSW Office of Preventive Health
Locked Bag 7103
Liverpool BC NSW 1871